How Homeowners in Texas Save With Solar Energy
The temperatures in Corpus Christi, Texas, are starting to heat up, which means homeowners will turn their air conditioners on soon. That also means that you’ll soon start to see your energy bills increase. But believe it or not, there are ways to save money through the cooling season. Read on to learn how homeowners save with solar energy.
Save By Installing Solar Panels in Your Home
In the last decade, solar panel installation costs have decreased while electricity prices have increased. As a result, more homeowners have made the switch to solar energy to save on utility costs and help the environment. Since Texas receives a lot of sunshine throughout the year, it’s the perfect place to utilize solar energy.
When you install solar panels in your home, they work to generate a large portion of its power. As a result, it reduces your reliance on traditional power sources. For example, you can install solar energy panels to only power your HVAC system, appliances and lighting. By using solar energy as an alternate power source in your home, you’ll also be able to negotiate a lower rate with your electricity company. Here’s how else you save with a solar energy installation:
- Receive financial incentives from the federal government.
- Reduce your dependency on electricity and lower monthly energy bills.
- Sell surplus energy that your solar panels produce back to the electric grid.
- Increase your home’s resale value – not necessarily a savings, but definitely a profit.
- Connect your water heater to the solar energy panels to receive cheaper hot water.
- Reduce your negative impact on – and help save – the environment.
Let Us Help You Harness the Power of Solar Energy
If you’re thinking about investing in solar energy, let the solar specialists at Bodine-Scott help. We’ve helped dozens of home and business owners reduce their energy costs by harnessing the power of solar energy. Call us today at 888-481-8511 to learn more.
Image provided by Thinkstock