The spring season marks that start of many treasured things: new, brightly colored blooms, longer days full of sunshine and warmer weather. The spring is also a gentle a reminder that those hot Corpus Christi summers are just around the corner. Let that also be a reminder to you that it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner inspection.
Both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and HVAC experts recommend having your system serviced before you need to turn it on and before the start of an HVAC contractor’s busy cooling season. This will also help you avoid a breakdown in scorching weather and will help your system run more efficiently. Learn more about what to expect during your air conditioner’s tune-up, so you can rest assured that your system is getting the TLC it needs to keep your home feeling comfortable.
Air Conditioner Inspection Checklist
- The settings on the thermostat are examined to ensure your home will be comfortable when you’re home and goes into energy-savings mode when you’re away.
- The system’s controls are examined for safe and proper operation and an entire cycle from start to finish is observed.
- Lubrication is added to all the moving parts to prevent friction in the mechanical components. Friction causes energy waste, which of course means higher utility costs.
- The blower components are cleaned and adjusted, if needed, to promote effective airflow.
- Refrigerant is checked to be certain there isn’t too much or too little as this can result in early system failure.
- All of the electrical connections are tightened and the voltage and current are measured to verify they are working correctly and safely.
- Anything that may be clogging the condensate drain is cleared out. Ensuring nothing’s plugging the drain prevents water and humidity issues from occurring.
- The evaporator and condenser air conditioner coils are cleaned to prevent the buildup of dirt and to encourage optimal efficiency.
If you live in Corpus Christi, or the surrounding area, and need to schedule an air conditioner inspection, please feel free to contact us at Bodine-Scott Air Conditioning Co. anytime.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com